All of our beans are bought from ethical sources. Our Head Roasters, and company President have been to many of the farms to assure the quality and care put into the beans we select.
Here are a few tips for making a great cup of coffee:
1. Use freshly-drawn, COLD filtered water. Great water makes great coffee.
2. Choose your coffee filter preference; natural brown, oxygen-whitened, or gold mesh filter for your coffee maker.
3. Use 1 heaping tablespoon of freshly ground coffee for every 6 ounces of water. Adjust the coffee for personal preference.
4. Brewed coffee should be removed from heat source and transferred to a pre-heated thermal carafe, immediately after brewing.
5. Clean all coffee equipment after each use.
Preserve your coffee's freshness:
Ground coffee typically tastes best within 7 days; whole bean coffee tastes best within 2 weeks of purchase.
We recommend buying coffee 1 - 2 weeks at a time.
Only brew as much as you can drink in twenty minutes.
Coffee (whole bean and ground) should be stored in a dry, airtight container at room temperature, out of direct light. Never refrigerate or freeze your coffee!
(Coffee will absorb flavors and aromas of other food products.)