STEPS FOR BREWING:
1. Pre-heat carafe by rinsing with hot water.
2. Open coffee filter into a cone. One side should have three layers. Place the filter into the top of your coffee maker with the thick portion toward the spout.
3. Using medium to coarse grind, put 1 heaping or up to 3 level tablespoons of coffee into the filter, for every 6 ounces of water to be used.
4. Use freshly-drawn COLD water and heat to near boiling (200 degrees perfect!).
5. Pour a small about of water over the grounds (just enough to wet them without floating).
6. After first wetting, pour more water soaking grounds each time while keeping water level below the top of the filter, until desired amount of coffee is brewed.
7. Transfer coffee to a pre-heated thermal carafe, discard/compost grounds, serve and enjoy!
Gently wash Chemex and thermal carafe with mild soap and water after each use.